Private Equity Deals Seen Up As Much As 30% in 2010
- Reuters reports Gregory Smith, President of Canadian Venture Capital and Private Equity Association projects that Canadian private equity buyouts will be up 30% in 2010 and that Canadian venture capital investing will remain in doldrums.
- Legislated income trust conversions and government investments related to revamping infrastructure, and stimulus spending will drive private equity buyout interest and investments in sector participants.
- The spread between private company owners' value expectations and prices that private equity players will pay has become smaller as Canadian economic activity sustains.
- Private equity investment is a very viable option for Canadian companies worth less than $500 million.
- Venture capital looks like it will remain on sidelines.
Takeaway: Canadian private equity buyouts will grow strongly in 2010 and Canadian VC investing will remain weak.
Source: Reuters.com - By Pav Jordan
Relay Advisors is a corporate finance firm specialized in strategic asset optimization and divestiture.
Relay gives its network of Advisors access to its platform, knowledge base, deal flow and the opportunity to earn consulting and referral fees. Apply to our Advisory Board, or sign up for our newsletter.